Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tales of Twestival

This is a bit of a late post, but better late than never right?

As per my last post, I went to Brisbane Twestival last Thursday night.  It was held at Metro Arts in Edward Street and was a great night.

I went along with friends and we started the evening with a meal at Wagamama, and then wandered down to Edward Street.  On arrival at Metro Arts we handed our Twestival tickets over to receive our programme, a lollipop, a cute little Twestival badge and a $20 Telstra phone away card.  Bonus!

My friends and I went down to Verve, the fantastic restaurant in the basement of the Metro Arts building.  Now I tell you, if you're in Brisbane, and have never been to Verve, do something about that and go ASAP.  Not only is it a great location with heaps of atmosphere, but the food is AMAZING, well priced and plentiful, and they have fantastic fun, relaxed service.  The whole crew there are heaps of fun and very friendly.  I can highly recommend the blue cheese risotto (I have seen people literally lick their plates) and they have the BEST sticky date pudding I have ever tasted.

We popped down there for a drink before the festivities (or should I say twestivities) started, and I had a rather delicious Sista T cocktail.  Behold!

Photobucket

Anyhoo, after a rapidly mind numbing cocktail, we popped upstairs to the studio for the main programme.  On the way in we popped into the Lolly Shop stall and bought a few of the cute badges they had there.  I quite fell in love with this one, I think you can see why...

Photobucket

They had some fabbo acts on, from local DJ Collapsicon, modern Middle Eastern dancer Moniq, and the AS Theatre who presented an excerpt from their upcoming play "Lazarus Won't Get Out of Bed."  I'm definitely going to see that one.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's not too late to help with raising money through Twestival for Charity: Water.  Either follow my links  here to the Twestival website, or you can buy the Twestival T-shirt here.

I only wish I could have stayed until the end of the programme, but I was knackered after a rather intense day at work.  Oh well, next year!

1 comment:

BruganCampbell said...

Loving the cocktail and the badge is fab too.

Sounded like a great night out!