Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brisbane Twestival

I just bought my tickets to go to Brisbane Twestival next week.  



Twestival is an event organised by the Twitter community across the world for each of their cities, to be held on February 12, which will raise money for Charity:Water.  

Each Twestival is different, but the point is to bring the Twitter community of each city together for an evening of fun to help a good cause.

Brisbane Twestival will be held at Metro Arts in Edward Street on Thursday night, and is will have bands, theatre, art auctions, stalls, raffles and goodies for people to enjoy.  There is also a Facebook event if you want to have a look there.

I'm really looking forward to going along.

For those of you who don't know about or use Twitter, it's a form of microblogging, where you post up to 140 characters per "tweet" or update.  I love Twitter, and tweeting as it is called, has brought me so much cool stuff in my life.  Lots of famous people tweet, the most prolific of which would be Stephen Fry (@StephenFry).  If you want to have a look at my Twitter account, I am @sleepydumpling.

No comments: